NOTICE: The d'Art Center is packing, planning, and moving until March 1st! If you need assistance contact the staff or the artists directly. Thank you!
The d’Art Center in Norfolk, VA is seeking a Marketing Intern for Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.
D’Art Center History:
As Norfolk’s community art center, the d’Art Center proudly serves the greater Hampton Roads area by connecting the community with the visual arts. A non-profit 501c (3) organization, d’Art offers both youth and adult art education and classes, exhibits that give the public a broader exposure to many local and national artists, programming and outreach through art in public spaces, and events to showcase local artists, ceramicists, sculptors, fiber artists, and woodworkers.
Celebrating thirty five years in 2021, d’Art was founded in 1986 at the College Place location in downtown Norfolk. Modeled after the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, Virginia, part of d’Art’s mission from the onset was to provide working artists with affordable, short-term studio space. In 2005, the d’Art Center relocated to the historic Selden Arcade, continuing a legacy as a vibrant arts organization. The d’Art Center remained at the Selden Arcade for the next ten years. After an explosion caused major damage to the d’Art Center at the Selden Arcade, the d’Art Center organization recovered, regrouped, and revived itself in the New Energy of Norfolk (NEON) Arts District at its Duke Grace Building location. In 2021, d’Art Center moved into its forever home in the NEON District: The Atlantic Permanent Building.
The NEON District is anchored by the Chrysler Museum of Art, Harrison Opera House, and The d’Art Center, and extends to The Plot on Granby Street. The NEON District includes many creative small businesses and arts partners
· Writing, editing and distributing content for press releases, brochures, grants, etc.
· Provides graphic design support to the team.
· Develops sales and marketing collateral material such as one-pagers and brochures, etc.
· Assists with event planning and coordination, including customer events, trade shows, etc.
· Assists in developing and implementing event marketing plans and promotions.
· Maintains and updates event files, event calendars and other spreadsheets.
· Assist in updating and maintaining social media.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate’s Must Have:
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suites
· Excellent grammar and punctuation skills
· Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills
· Meets deadlines and is able to manage projects
· Must always be a dependable team player with positive attitude and professionalism
· Currently enrolled in college courses.
· Must have a car and valid driver’s license to complete errands and handle company business.
· Ability to work flexible hours with some evenings.
· This is credit-based internship. Flexible days, times based on availability.
· If course credit is to be gained during the internship, please provide materials for review.
Position(s) will remain open until filled.
Please send resume, work samples and three professional references to: