Closed Mondays, Open Tuesday - Friday 10am - 5pm, and Saturday and Sunday 11am - 6pm
*We are closed on Father's Day.
The d’Art Center in Norfolk, VA is seeking a Marketing Intern for Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.
D’Art Center History:
As Norfolk’s community art center, the d’Art Center proudly serves the greater Hampton Roads area by connecting the community with the visual arts. A non-profit 501c (3) organization, d’Art offers both youth and adult art education and classes, exhibits that give the public a broader exposure to many local and national artists, programming and outreach through art in public spaces, and events to showcase local artists, ceramicists, sculptors, fiber artists, and woodworkers.
Celebrating thirty five years in 2021, d’Art was founded in 1986 at the College Place location in downtown Norfolk. Modeled after the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, Virginia, part of d’Art’s mission from the onset was to provide working artists with affordable, short-term studio space. In 2005, the d’Art Center relocated to the historic Selden Arcade, continuing a legacy as a vibrant arts organization. The d’Art Center remained at the Selden Arcade for the next ten years. After an explosion caused major damage to the d’Art Center at the Selden Arcade, the d’Art Center organization recovered, regrouped, and revived itself in the New Energy of Norfolk (NEON) Arts District at its Duke Grace Building location. In 2021, d’Art Center moved into its forever home in the NEON District: The Atlantic Permanent Building.
The NEON District is anchored by the Chrysler Museum of Art, Harrison Opera House, and The d’Art Center, and extends to The Plot on Granby Street. The NEON District includes many creative small businesses and arts partners
· Writing, editing and distributing content for press releases, brochures, grants, etc.
· Provides graphic design support to the team.
· Develops sales and marketing collateral material such as one-pagers and brochures, etc.
· Assists with event planning and coordination, including customer events, trade shows, etc.
· Assists in developing and implementing event marketing plans and promotions.
· Maintains and updates event files, event calendars and other spreadsheets.
· Assist in updating and maintaining social media.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate’s Must Have:
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suites
· Excellent grammar and punctuation skills
· Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills
· Meets deadlines and is able to manage projects
· Must always be a dependable team player with positive attitude and professionalism
· Currently enrolled in college courses.
· Must have a car and valid driver’s license to complete errands and handle company business.
· Ability to work flexible hours with some evenings.
· This is credit-based internship. Flexible days, times based on availability.
· If course credit is to be gained during the internship, please provide materials for review.
Position(s) will remain open until filled.
Please send resume, work samples and three professional references to:
The d’Center in Norfolk, VA is seeking a part-time Business Manager who assists the Executive Director and Center in an administrative, operations and budget capacity. The position requires flexibility, adaptability and the willingness to learn. A positive can-do attitude and appreciation for customer service is important in this role.
D’Art is a non-profit community organization that has been in existence for over 35 years. We just moved into a new building and planning for six weeks of summer camp, national exhibitions and a variety of classes. The Business Manager will be involved in many facets of the organization and should be able to multitask and work one evening a month.
Please see the below list of responsibilities for this position. Pay range is $15-$17 per hour based on experience. The preferred candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in a business setting, an Associate degree and a great attitude. Resumes will be accepted through June 30th. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
-Prepare bank deposits
-Download information from transaction platforms: Square, Geotix, Paypal and Etsy into Excel
-Annotate item explanations on the credit card bill
-Administer check requests
-Collect W-9s from vendors and instructors
-Administer rent collections and make deposits
-Collect timesheets from employees
-Prepare donor thank you letters
-Review materials, proofread for content and errors
-Assist Executive Director with meeting and Board Meeting preparation
-Keep record of all Board Minutes once recorded by Secretary of the Board
-Keep Board Roster and New Board Member packet up to date
-Enter gifts on a weekly basis into Donor Record Management System
-Manage petty cash drawer and Point of Sale System
-Place orders for supplies and materials as needed
-Manage Center budget with Executive Director
-Summer Camp record keeping and reporting
Building & Volunteer Management
-Serve as contact for Cox, Konica, VA Power, VA Natural Gas, ADT and other services provided at d’Art Center.
-Make sure door keys and codes are distributed and secure.
-Call in work orders to the appropriate party.
-Organize and recruit volunteers when needed for a project.
-Keep an up-to-date list of volunteers for the Center
-Answer volunteer inquiries.
-Other Duties as Assigned